Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What's for breakfast?

I decided the other morning that we were going to have cinnamon rolls. I have been wanting them and my husband just loves them. So to make him feel special I made some.

This recipe I use my bread machine on dough setting. You don't have to have a bread machine to make this recipe it just makes it easier and less time consuming.

First soften 1/2 cup butter (I just set out a stick and let it get to room temp)
Then stir in 1/2 cup of sugar until mixed. Place in bread machine.

If you don't have a bread machine then you for sure will want to use a mixer that has the dough hook or you can use your regular mixer just be sure to make sure you don't mess it up. I have used my regular mixer before and not had a prob.

Add 2 beaten eggs, 1 cup of warm milk, and 1 tsp of salt. Then add 4 cups of flour and 1 1/2 tsp of yeast. Run bread machine on dough setting.

If you don't have a bread machine then you will want to either use your mixer with the dough hook or hand knead here for about 10 mins. Then let rise for about 20 mins then hand knead or use your mixer with dough hook again and then let rise till it's doubled.

When your bread machine beeps and says it's done you can take it out or you can do what I do and I personally leave the dough in their till it touches the top of my bread machine. I like mine to rise really good and this goes the same if you are hand kneading or using your mixer with a dough hook. The longer it rises the fluffier and you get more cinnamon rolls.

After the dough is to your liking roll dough out on flour surface into a large rectangle. Mine isn't always a even rectangle but that really doesn't matter. Spread a thin layer of butter. Here I use the tub butter as it is easier to spread. The sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up like a jelly roll and cut into slices. I have found using a serrated knife is best when cutting the dough. I use my bread knife works great! Place in grease pan and set aside to rise.

I make my cinnamon rolls the night before and put them in the pan and cover them and let them rise all night. Then in the morning I pop them in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins.

You can make  Buttercream Frosting or a Cream Cheese Frosting both are great on these cinnamon rolls. Just a note that the cream chees frosting is much sweeter.

Buttercream Frosting
Beat 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 2 cups of powder sugar till fluffy then add 1 TBSP of milk and beat again.

Ice the cinnamon rolls once they come out of the oven. And of course enjoy! Your whole family will love these!

3 comments :

  1. ewwwww those look yummy! I have never been a successful homemade biscuit, rolls or any other bread product maker :) But maybe if I'm feelin' lucky one day, I'll give these a shot! They look AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your new blog look is FAB!! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that picture makes me hungry!! and it makes me want a bread machine :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave a comment!