Friday, August 13, 2010

Back to School Already?!?

Well time has flown by as usual. Seems like summer just started. We are getting ready for another school year and I am so not ready! It seems time just flies by more and more every year making my summer so much shorter.

I don't know about you but I haven't gotten nothing I planned on doing this summer done. I am working on my school plans today and this weekend. So, you probably won't see me on after this post. Not only do I have to do all that. But 2 of my kids are on the Bible Bowl! So, I have to see to the 4 older ones get on the bus to head down there here afterwhile.

I am so proud of them for studying the Book of Daniel for this year Bible Bowl. My oldest Joshua is on our churches Team B and my oldest daughter Catlain is a alternate for team A. They will be heading down their today for the Youth Rally and we will be heading down bright in early in the morning for the Bible Bowl Competition. Last year was the first year our church won! So, I praying really hard we get to bring home the trophy again this year.

Of course me being a wimp for sleeping on the floor and not getting no sleep is keeping me from going with them this afternoon. I don't know about you but I need my sleep and so does my little ones. It's bad enough we have to leave no later then 6-6:30 in the morning.

So, now that it's fixing to be school time you can bet I am going to have some post about homeschooling! I am starting with my 2 1/2 year old this year on learning all the sounds of her letters. She knows her ABCs and can count to 20 already. I am going to work hard on getting her to be able to read by the end of the school year. On top of that I am potty training my 15 month old. We are also doing 7th, 6th, and 4th grades too. Should be one interesting school year! So you will want to stay tuned for all the excitement!

3 comments :

  1. wow, I look forward to seeing how your school year will go! Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to know about your potty training experiences. My baby is 21 months and has shown NO interest in the potty chair at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you'll be busy! Good luck with the potty training and reading! My near-3 year old is in daycare full time but we work with her whenever we are together. I'm so proud that she is able to do simple math (5 minue 3 is 2)...maybe it's the accountant in me :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave a comment!