Tropical Traditions Organic Raw Honey comes from the frontier areas of Canada, and is only harvested during a 6-week period in the summer. Tropical Traditions is the exclusive source of this premium organic honey in the U.S. Most commercial honeys available on the market today come from bee farms, where the bees are controlled within a certain area and get their pollen from usually only one kind of flower. Many of the plants that produce these flowers (clover, orange blossom, etc.) are grown with pesticides and fertilizers as well. In addition, almost all honeys on the market are pasteurized in high heat and filtered, removing many of the beneficial nutrients and enzymes.
Tropical Traditions Organic Raw Honey has not been subjected to the heat of processing, only warmed enough to flow (same temperatures the honey would see inside the hive). We select only premium honey that is pure, smooth and creamy, with the consistency of soft margarine at harvest. It contains live yeast and enzymes, because it has not been processed. It also contains pollen because it has not been filtered—merely screened.
Fine textured crystals are characteristic of totally pure, unheated, unprocessed, raw honey. Properly crystallized honey has a fine, smooth texture. Crystallized honey preserves natural goodness and doesn’t drip. The more rapidly honey crystallizes the finer the texture will be. It will also turn harder over time as it crystallizes. Truly raw honeys do not deteriorate with age, but like fine wines, continue to age and develop into more complex tastes.
This honey is delicious! I use this honey sparingly as I received a 17.6 oz jar. I have mostly used it for my herbal remedies and love the taste. I for sure will be buying more in the future. This works great heated up just a little bit to liquid consistance with fresh lemon juice for a sore throat.
How is it consider organic you ask? In order for it to be organic beehives must be placed in isolated areas miles from the dense population, industry, traffic congestion, and farm fields treated with chemicals and landfills. Second, a bee’s flying range is determined by their natural instinct which tells them to stay within their natural four mile range from the hive location. Finding area which can be certified organic is extremely difficult, which is why there are so few certified organic honeys on the market. Tropical Traditions sources its honey from hives in the wild frontier areas of Canada.
Tropical Traditions is offering one of my lucky readers their very own 17.6 jar of Organic Raw Honey.
Mandatory Entry: Go to Tropical Traditions and tell me another product you would like to try. This must be completed before you can qualify for additional entries. All extra entries who don’t do the mandatory entry will be deleted. Please leave a valid email address in your comment as this is how I will contact you should you win.
Extra Entries: Leave a separate comment for each entry. Make sure you leave the appropriate amount of comments as this is your entry.
1. Become a public follower of my blog. (2 entries)
2. Follow me and Tropical Traditions on twitter and tweet this giveaway. (2 entries This can be done once per day.)
"PLS RT! Win a 17.6 oz jar of Organic Raw Honey from Tropical Traditions @momof_many http://bit.ly/9c1D5w ends 12/6 #giveaway"
3. Subscribe to Tropical Traditions newsletter. (3 entries)
4. Like Tropical Traditions on facebook. (2 entries)
5. Grab my button and leave a link where I can find it. (3 entries)
6. Blog about this giveaway leave a link back to me and Tropical Traditions. (5 entries Make sure you leave a link where I can find it and not to your homepage.)
7. Subscribe to Adventures of the Domesticated Mama by email. (3 entries)
8. Vote for us at TopMommyBlogs.com (1 entry per vote per day)
9. Enter one of my other giveaways. (1 entry per giveaway and let me know what giveaway)
10. Leave a relevant comment on a nongiveaway post during the duration of this giveaway. ( 1 entry make sure you tell me where to find it)
11. Subscribe to Adventures of the Domesticated Mama in a reader. (2 entries)
12. Add my giveaway to a giveaway list and tell me where to find it.(2 entries)
This giveaway will end December 6th at 11:59 pm CST. Winner will be chosen at random via random.org.
Disclamer:Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.