Friday, November 12, 2010

10 Holiday Shopping Tips!

TwitterMoms and Tiny Prints have joined together with a fun blogging promotion to share tips about how to survive the holidays! Tiny Prints has photo cards that make designing a Holiday card easy and quick! I love the Holiday season but I certainly do agree that it's very easy to get overwhelmed and stressed out if you fall behind in your planning, or take on too much! I always stress myself out.

1. Make a shopping list. This is always great to work on throughout the year getting ideas on what you want to get the ones on your list. Not only that if you have kids then you know grandparents are always wanting to know what to get them. This list comes in handy for that!

2. Set a limit. I know how expensive the holidays get! We have 6 kids so it's always nice to set a limit for the ones on your list. That way you don't overspend.

3. Shop Early! I can't stress this one enough. If you shop throughout the year you can definitely avoid stress of holiday shopping. Plus many places are starting sales early. I personally avoid Black Friday as it's too stressful for me. Also, if it's where you can shopping after Christmas for the following year can save you money!

4. Wrap as you buy! This is a very good time saver. If you wrap as you buy your holiday gifts you won't be burden down with having to wrap tons of gifts at the last minute. I can't tell you enough how stressful gift wrapping is at the last minute.

5. If you are hosting this holiday season plan out your menu early! Don't wait till the last minute to decide what you want.

6. Get help if you are planning on having guest over for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner have your guest help with the food. This is why having a menu ready early comes in. Plus if you have them help with the food helps save you time in the kitchen and you won't be so exhausted.

7. Make your holiday grocery list early! This is a must! I always write out what I want to cook and the ingridents I need on a list all to itself for the holidays.

8. Grocery shop early! Don't wait till the last minute to shop for your holiday dinner grocery list. If you do you might find out that they don't have what you need. It is always hard to find turkey's, crandberry sauce, and peacans at the last minute!

9. Take family pictures early! I don't know about you but I love sending family pictures out with my Christmas cards. Or use your family pictures to make photo Christmas cards. That's what I am doing again this year!

10. Get your Christmas Cards organized and ready early! You can address the envelopes and put stamps on them. You can hold off mailing them out till you are ready but if you get this done all you have to do is stuff your cards in the envelope. I know some places if you order online will stamp, address, and send them for you for a price.
About Tiny Prints:

Tiny Prints provides stylish, modern and unique stationery from photo cards to personalized greeting cards to thank you cards and business cards. Offering exclusive designs from the nation’s top designers, easy card personalization, a powerful preview engine and top-notch customer service and paper quality, their designs have been lauded by numerous television networks, publications and celebrities. With Tiny Prints by your side the Holidays will be a cinch! They offer adorable Thanksgiving Cards, Christmas Cards, Hanukkah Cards, and even New Years Cards. All fully customizable and personalizable.


What great tips do you have for surviving the holidays? Do you do any of the tips I mentioned? When do you usually shop for gifts? I'd love to hear your feedback!



*I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tiny Prints blogging program, making me eligible to get a $75 Tiny Prints gift certificate! For more information on how you can participate, click here. *

1 comment :

  1. i love these shopping tips! with thanksgiving approaching, all i can think about is christmas shopping!! its time to start thinking and planning ahead so I don't lose my mind! good luck with your shopping :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave a comment!