Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Great Treat Homeade Granola!

I don't know about ya'll but I love granola! But of course it can be expensive to buy. So, when I got my June 2010 Bon Appetit Magazine and found a recipe for granola I just had to make it! I of course just now got around to making it as I been waiting to get some unsweetened shredded coconut.

This is a very easy recipe and I already had the other ingredents so I can't tell you how much it would cost to make.

This recipe makes about 5 cups. I doubled mine as we have a big family and it made alot! So without further ado here is the recipe:

3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut*
3 tablespoons (packed) brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon (generous) salt
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup assorted dried fruit

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Mix first 7 ingredients in large bowl. Stir honey and oil in saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth. Pour honey mixture over oat mixture; toss. Spread on prepared sheet. Bake until golden, stirring every 10 minutes, about 40 minutes. Place sheet on rack. Stir granola; cool. Mix in fruit. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight.
*Available at specialty foods stores and natural foods stores.

This is what it looks like finished cooking.

This is how full my cereal container is with the recipe doubled.

This is how delicious it looks in my bowl after I added the dry fruit.

The dry fruit I add was blueberries, cranberries, cherries and raisins. I have to say I had a small bowl with 2 teaspoons of yogurt for breakfast this morning and it was yummy! It also makes a great snack!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave a comment!