Friday, October 15, 2010

Pregnancy Loss and Infant Awareness Day!


Did you know that October 15 is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day? Many people aren't aware that this day has been designated a national day of remembrance for miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant loss.

The resolution to declare October 15 a remembrance day passed the United States House of Representatives on September 28, 2006. It was the result of tireless efforts by a group of miscarriage awareness activists led by Robyn Bear, who had six first-trimester miscarriages in the span of 1997 through 1999 before ultimately receiving a diagnosis of balanced translocation.

I haven't talked about this on my blog but I have had 5 miscarriages. Yes, it's a rough road and something that I thought I would never have to endure. But by the grace of God I have survived. My last miscarriage was December 31, 2009. I was 9 weeks along. So, if you know someone that has experienced a miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant loss I challenge you to pray for them.

3 comments :

  1. Love this post, thank you so much for posting it! I've had 2 miscarriages so glad you posted this.

    www.romanianprincess.com

    XoXo, Nicole Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart. So sorry to hear of your miscarriages. You are in my prayers. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Experiencing a loss is hard. I'm glad that a day is dedicated to the brave and strong women who had to experience a miscarriage and/or infant loss. I lost my daughter in 2006 and not a day goes by that I don't think of her.
    {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave a comment!