Friday, October 22, 2010

Potty Training!


I mentioned awhile back that I was going to start working on potty training my youngest who is now 17 months. Well, we started off hit and miss. I would take her every 30 mins. She would go and wake up dry from naps. Which is great!

Well now she tells me when she has to go! She is not a talker like my others but she does sign. So, now she signs when she has to go potty. She don't always tell me all the time but we are down to maybe one wet diaper a day. How great is that? She hasn't got the pooping down in the potty but just while ago she signed she had to potty. Guess what! She pooped! Yay for success!

I was feeling bad before because I had really slacked with potty training her because my 2 1/2 yr old was fully potty trained by 18 months with no accidents. So, I beat myself up over that. But now I am on the ball and Praise God she is doing great!

Of course potty training you always have good and bad days. That's to be excpected. So, to all you other moms out their potty training just stick with it. Consistence is the key!

11 comments :

  1. That's great! I'm embarassed to say that my 2&1/2 y/o little boyis no where near potty trained! My girls were so easy to train, but he has no interst at all. I can't even bribe him to sit on the potty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she's picking it up nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I want to start early with my daughter, we waited until my son was 3 and it was so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw brilliant! Don't worry if she has had a bit of a later start with it. when you have a couple of kids its hard to keep up the way you would have done the first time around, but they are fast learners with their older siblings to set the example too :) well done to her!

    thanks for following me and joining in my long weekend blog hop! I'm following :)

    Best wishes!

    Nay x

    Moonangelnay Handmade Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not been able to find your email address. I wanted to let you know that you won the Blog of the Week at Inspiring You To Save and will be featured on Meet Me Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower from the hop....Great Blog...Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I saw you at Meet Me Monday! Love your blog and I was already a follower. Stop by when you get the chance:
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following you from Meet Me Monday. Hope you'll visit soon.
    www.coastalcouponer.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girls are easier. my daughter was 2 1/2 my son on the other hand was 3 1/2 and who knows what will happened with the baby.
    I'm a new follower from Meet me Monday! Would love for you to check out my blog.
    http://mylifeinjenga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I am a new follower and have a 2 1/2 yr old that I haven't started potty training yet :-) Sounds like your daughter is doing so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I'm impressed! 17 months? Do you cloth diaper them? I've heard that kids potty train earlier when CD'd. I suppose it is really helpful that she signs. Speaking of signing I'm giving away Baby Signing Time Vol.1 on my blog! Come enter if you are interested. Also I'm following from Meet Me Monday! www.ohsosavvymom.com

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave a comment!