I recently recieved some Organic Whole Rye Grain to try from Tropical Traditions. I don't have a grain mill yet it is on my wish list so I took my grain over to my friends house who grinded for me. I have to say I love the taste of rye bread. I love baking and making bread from scratch as it is so much better for you! Of course taste better fresh!
As many have probably heard of Tropical Traditions they are famous for their coconut oil and products. But as you can see they carry more then just that.
Have you ever had I can't remember if it was Longhorn or Outback Steakhouse rye bread? I have and it's delicious so I went on a search to find a recipe. This is the recipe I found:
3 packets dry yeast
1 1/2 c warm water- divided
1 Tbls. sugar
1/2 c dark molasses
1 Tbls. salt
2 Tbls. vegetable oil
2 c rye flour
2 1/2- 3 c all-purpose flour
Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water; stir in sugar; let stand 6 minutes or until bubbly.
Combine dissolved yeast, 1 cup warm water, molasses, salt, oil, and rye flour in a large bowl; beat until smooth.
Work in all-purpose flour until dough is smooth, pliable, and elastic, not sticky.
Knead dough for 4 minutes.
Place dough in a large bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
Punch dough down.
Divide and shape dough into 2 large round loaves and place on greased and cornmeal dusted cookie sheet. ( I didn't do this I just put in my bread pans worked better to me)
Cover dough with a damp cloth and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
Bake loaves in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until crust makes hollow sound when tapped on.
Serve with whipped butter.
Bread can be frozen for later use.
It was delicious and a success. I made 4 loaves. I did one with honey instead of molasses as it has a slight bitter flavor. But the kids loved both and so did I.
Tropical Traditions is offering one of my lucky readers their very own 5 lb bag of Organic Whole Rye Grain!
Mandatory Entry: Go to Tropical Traditions and tell me another product you would like to try. This must be completed before you can qualify for additional entries. All extra entries who don’t do the mandatory entry will be deleted. Please leave a valid email address in your comment as this is how I will contact you should you win.
Extra Entries: Leave a separate comment for each entry. Make sure you leave the appropriate amount of comments as this is your entry.
1. Become a public follower of my blog. (2 entries)
2. Follow me and Tropical Traditions on twitter and tweet this giveaway. (2 entries This can be done once per day.)
"PLS RT! Win a 5 lb bag of Organic Whole Rye Grain from Tropical Traditions @momof_many http://bit.ly/fr7QiT ends 2/15 #giveaway"
3. Subscribe to Tropical Traditions newsletter. (3 entries)
4. Like Tropical Traditions on facebook. (2 entries)
5. Grab my button and leave a link where I can find it. (3 entries)
6. Blog about this giveaway leave a link back to me and Tropical Traditions. (5 entries Make sure you leave a link where I can find it and not to your homepage.)
7. Subscribe to Adventures of the Domesticated Mama by email. (3 entries)
8. Vote for us at TopMommyBlogs.com (1 entry per vote per day)
9. Enter one of my other giveaways. (1 entry per giveaway and let me know what giveaway)
10. Leave a relevant comment on a nongiveaway post during the duration of this giveaway. ( 1 entry make sure you tell me where to find it)
11. Subscribe to Adventures of the Domesticated Mama in a reader. (2 entries)
12. Add my giveaway to a giveaway list and tell me where to find it.(2 entries)
This giveaway will end February 15th at 11:59 pm CST. Winner will be chosen at random via random.org.
Disclamer:Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.