Friday, February 17, 2012

Another Update

I forgot to take pictures of what my leg looked like when I took off the bandages and compression stocking last night. I will have to do that tonight when I take the new compression stocking off.

It actually didn't look as bad as I was expecting. It just bruised bad in two spots. But it doesn't hurt to touch it actually feels good to touch it. The site is warm feeling which is to be expected. I slept better last night then I have all week. I have to say that compression stocking is what kept me up! My leg is swollen and the doctor said it could take up to 6 weeks for that to go away. I for sure don't think they would do 2 legs at once. But if they do I wouldn't recommend it. 

As the reason why is your leg is so swollen I don't see how you could walk comfortably. I have had some questions about the procedure.

It took about a hour for the procedure. The only pain you feel is sticks from the shots to numb the area. Which isn't bad. I felt pressure from the laser going in. I would have to say the most pain you feel is going to be the first night of sleep. My leg ached kinda reminded me of when you where little and had growing pains. 

The only think I have been taking is 600 mg of Ibuprofen for the inflammation. Which they recommend. They usually prescribe Mobic but I can't take that and nurse my baby. So, they told me Ibuprofen for the inflammation and Tylenol for pain.

If you are thinking of having this done I seriously recommend it. I have had problems with varicose veins from my first pregnancy. The doctor told me the most common cause of varicose veins is pregnancy due to the fact the fetus lays on the left side. Which all mine where in my left leg. Most women are lucky and theirs go away after having a baby but I was not one of them. 

I have been waiting for awhile to have this done. Since we finally decided that we are not going to try for anymore babies. The key word is try and the fact that they have bothered me really bad the last 3 pregnancies and haven't gotten back tolerable we decided to get this done and over with.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave a comment!