Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What mom on wheels=crazy? Heelys Review!


I have heard of Heelys and seen kids wear them around stores heeling. They make it look so easy! So, when I got the opportunity to try them I jumped at the chance! I want my kids to think of me as a cool mom. 


When I received my Heelys I tried them on first and walked around in them to help break them in. Then I took the tabs off the bottom and inserted the wheels. You would think heeling would be easy. Nope! I almost lost it a couple times. After trying for over a hour and not getting it I put them up. I then decided to watch the how to skate video. They made it look simple so I got my oldest son to pull me around till I got my balance point. Once I got that down after having him pull me around I started heeling! I was so excited! I could heely!


Let me tell you for a fact don't expect to get these shoes and be able to start heeling right off that for one won't happen. I do suggest watching the video it really helped me grasp the whole concept. I was so thankful I didn't fall on my butt. My husband thought I was crazy and going to hurt myself the whole time. I do love my Heelys but I promise you won't see me heeling at the store anytime soon. 


Now, Heelys has the Heels HX2 which has 2 removeable wheels in each shoe making it ideal for younger kids and beginners. They are not only easier to maintain balance but they don't require much leg strength to lift up your toes to skate which I will say takes lots and lots of practice. Later after mastering balance you can convert these to normal Heelys by taking out the front wheel. 


If your wanting Heelys for Christmas? Heelys is throwing a Black Friday special that you may want to take advantage of if Heelys are on your or your child's Christmas wish list. Between Nov 25- Nov 28, buy any pair of Heelys, and you'll get the second pair for $25. There's also a deal on Nano. Buy a Nano, and get a pair of shoes for $25, and get free ground shipping on all orders! 


*This product was provided to me free of charge for purpose of this review. This is my honest opinion of this product and no monetary compensation was received for my opinion*

No comments :

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave a comment!