Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Coupons? Saving Money? What are you doing?

For the longest time I have been price comparing to save money. But I have only been shopping at Walmart. Well the last 3 weeks I have been learning to coupon. I remember when I was little my mom clipping coupons but it just never seemed the savings where worth the headache or made a huge difference.

Well I have learned otherwise. I was told about that show on TLC Extreme Couponing. I got to watch it last Wednesday and boy was I impressed. I never in my wildest dreams thought you could save that much money. If you haven't seen the show you should watch it. Their are some things I wouldn't do that I thought was crazy. Like buy stuff I have no use for or don't even use.

Of course if you are wanting to coupon it doesn't happen over night. I know. I have checked out tons of coupon sites and have printed out tons of coupons. I even printed out some I knew I wouldn't use that week just so I could have them as most the time you get a while before they expire and never know when that item might go on sale or you end up getting it free.

So, here lately I have been hitting 3 different stores to save money. I will say it's worth the gas. As they are all right near each other and the savings I am getting makes up for it.

Plus, you have to know all your coupon policies for your grocery store. We are lucky we have 1 grocery store that will double coupons but the catch is it's up to a certain amount. I have saved about $200 in the last few weeks. When you prices are going up every penny counts.

If you have any tips on saving money please leave a comment. Or know any other sites to get coupons besides: Redplum, Smartsource, Coupons, and couponnetworkPlease let me know. I do know you can print coupons from walmart.com and target.com. Of course some of target's is only for target but their are some manufacturer coupons their as well. If you have a Publix they will take store and manufacturer coupons.

1 comment :

  1. I need to get better about using coupons at that show on TLC has really inspired me too...although Im not sure I will end up with a stock room! Glad to be your newest follower! You can follow me back at http://thelittlelilypad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave a comment!