I recently received the World's Best Origami book for review. Origami is a ancient Japanese art form. With that being said I have always wanted to learn how to do Origami. My grandmother on my mom's side of the family was full blooded Japanese and she would always be making something with her candy wrappers. She mostly made beautiful swans. The swan is one of the easiest to learn to make. My swans aren't as pretty as hers where as I am still working on it. But it sure does make me miss her.
Do you remember folding paper into a hand-held fortune teller, paper airplane or secret note square? Whether a fortune teller novice or a seasoned paper-folding expert, the new book World's Best Origami challenges readers with more than 100 of the most unique and best-loved origami patterns ever created.
Professional origami artist, Nick Robinson, guides readers through the process of folding paper. Projects are rated from beginner to advanced and include everything from the traditional swan and poppy box to truly amazing pieces such as a geodetic tower and a jet plane! Each diagram is clearly displayed with easy-to-understand folding instructions for a perfect outcome every time.
When beginning a new hobby, it's easy to rush into the most challenging or exciting project available. I know I catch myself doing that all the time. This many times leads to frustration and giving up and in the case of origami it leads to lots of wasted paper. The World's Best Origami provides the first-time folder with the basics and progresses towards more difficult models. It also includes a thorough refresher course for more experienced folders. This book teaches readers how to:
- Create the ideal environment to fold in
- Choose the ideal paper for each project
- Read an origami folding diagram
- Make the basic folds more complicated works are founded upon
- Create birds, animals, flowers, people, containers, and more from step-by-step.
It also includes information on what to do after the basics have been mastered. How to establish a style, get creative, join and origami club, and inspire others are also covered with in the chapters.
One of my lucky readers will win their own copy of World's Best Origami!
Mandatory Entry: Tell me who you would give this book to if you won. This must be completed before you can qualify for additional entries. All extra entries who don’t do the mandatory entry will be deleted. Please leave a valid email address in your comment as this is how I will contact you should you win.
Extra Entries: Leave a separate comment for each entry. Make sure you leave the appropriate amount of comments as this is your entry.
1. Become a public follower of my blog. (2 entries)
2. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway. (2 entries This can be done once per day.)
"PLS RT! Win World's Best Origami Book @momof_many http://bit.ly/gKBHrj ends 12/12 #giveaway"
3. Grab my button and leave a link where I can find it. (3 entries)
4. Blog about this giveaway leave a link back to me. (5 entries Make sure you leave a link where I can find it and not to your homepage.)
5. Subscribe to Adventures of the Domesticated Mama by email. (3 entries)
6. Vote for us at TopMommyBlogs.com (1 entry per vote per day)
7. Enter one of my other giveaways. (1 entry per giveaway and let me know what giveaway)
8. Leave a relevant comment on a nongiveaway post during the duration of this giveaway. ( 1 entry make sure you tell me where to find it)
9. Subscribe to Adventures of the Domesticated Mama in a reader. (2 entries)
This giveaway will end December 12th at 11:59 pm CST. Winner will be chosen at random via random.org.
*This product was provided to me free of charge for purpose of this review. This is my honest opinion of this product and no monetary compensation was received for my opinion.*